Saint James School of Medicine is an international medical school with two campuses on the Caribbean islands of Anguilla and St. Vincent and the Grenadines. Our students study Basic Sciences at one of our Caribbean campuses then study Clinical Sciences through a clinical rotation program at affiliated hospitals in the US.
Saint James School of Medicine was founded in 2001 by a consortium of medical educators and physicians from universities and colleges in the United States and Europe.
Hundreds of students have graduated from Saint James since the school was founded. We have a current enrollment of around 1,000 students.
Our goal is to offer students from the US and Canada a high quality, affordable medical education. The curriculum at Saint James prepares students for the United States Medical Licensure Examination (USMLE) and our graduates are eligible to practice as physicians in the US and Canada.
The mission of Saint James School of Medicine (SJSM) is to help motivated students realize their dream of a medical career irrespective of their ethnic, religious, and cultural backgrounds. We use innovative teaching methods to shape the minds and spirits of our students and to help transform them into compassionate healers of the human body and mind. Our students are trained to pursue their profession with confidence, balanced with humility and compassion.
Ten reasons to choose Saint James
- Receive the same high-quality medical education and opportunities as from US and Canadian medical schools, at 1/3 the cost
- Accredited by CAAM-HP, Recognized by Medical Council of Canada. Our medical school is listed in the World Directory of Medical Schools with an ECFMG® Sponsor Note. For the graduation years indicated in the Sponsor Note, our students and graduates are eligible to apply to ECFMG for ECFMG Certification and USMLE® as a step towards ECFMG Certification.
- We are the first Caribbean medical school to provide a USMLE Step 1 Pass Guarantee.
- Lowest tuition amongst all accredited medical schools, with tuition from $6,100 per semester
- Scholarships and Loan options available
- MCAT optional
- Three enrollment periods a year. Start your studies when you choose
- Low student-to-faculty ratio
- Clinical rotations are guaranteed at ACGME approved hospitals in the U.S. and Canada
- High match rate. Our graduates are currently working in U.S. and Canadian hospitals in a wide array of specialties.
Programs taught in: