BAU International University, Batumi is a newly established teaching university in Georgia, where the threefold mission of education and research is successfully carried out by highly trained academic personnel, latest technologies, laboratories, and classrooms. American model educational program meets international standards and is carried out by foreign as well as Georgian professors invited from different educational institutions. The university is located in the same building as a new International University Hospital. The hospital itself has been constructed according to JCI standards and is equipped with up-to-date facilities. This enables us to provide the best education for the medical students, as they will receive clinical experience from the first year of their education. BAU International University, Batumi is a university within the BAU Global Network, which is comprised of 9 Universities, 16 liaison offices and 3 language schools spread in 9 countries over 4 continents. This gives an excellent opportunity to our students to enrich their knowledge and experience in leading medical and educational establishments on a global scale.
Why BAU Batumi?
- BAU International University, Batumi is a university within the BAU Global Network which is comprised of higher education institutions throughout the world. Thus, our students have unique opportunities to expand their knowledge and experience on a global scale.
- BAU International University, Batumi is located in the same building as a new International University Hospital. The hospital itself has been constructed according to JCI standards and is equipped with up-to-date facilities. This will enable us to provide the best education for the medical students, as they will receive clinical experience from the first year of their education.
- American model educational program corresponds to international standards, lasts for six years and is conducted in the English language. During studies, the students will also take USMLE (the United States Medical Licensing Examination) course.
- Professors invited from Bahcesehir (Istanbul) University and an affiliated clinic Medical Park as well as from different Georgian universities lead the teaching process at BAU International University, Batumi. In addition, the university periodically hosts famous doctors from Turkey who hold public lectures for students.
- BAU International University, Batumi itself is a modern facility that features the latest technologies, laboratories, and classrooms.
- University students have access to a physical library inside the university building and also to one of the richest electronic libraries in the world, Bahcesehir University Istanbul Library.
- The university boasts multicultural environment that enables our students to meet friends and future colleagues with different culture, traditions, and background coming from various parts of the world.
- The University is located in one of the most beautiful cities in Georgia, Batumi which is a popular tourist destination on the coast of the Black Sea. While living and learning in Batumi students can also benefit from a safe environment and affordable prices that create a more attractive environment for students.
Mission and Vision
The mission of a teaching university BAU International University, Batumi, is to realize education programs corresponding to international standards and to train professionals who are competitive on the international labor market, have high moral standards, are highly qualified, have a scientific outlook, knowledge of innovative technologies and liberal values. The main GOALS of the university are to:
- Carry out and develop university education programs (one-cycle, bachelors and master’s degrees);
- Train highly-skilled staff, who will be competitive on the international labor market;
- Support the integration of the University into the global education and scientific marketplaces;
- Develop and carry out scientific, research projects in cooperation with universities in Georgia and abroad;
- Ensure the academic freedom of professors and instructors;
- Create a flexible environment for students, enabling them in their studies and scientific endeavors.
The main TASKS of the university include:
- Continual improvement of educational programs and innovative development of the educational process considering the interests of potential employers;
- Maximize support for students to become professionals;
- Student mobility support;
- Support scientific research and introduce innovative teaching methods;
- Develop international scientific partnerships;
- Support the development and execution of international scientific, research projects;
- Support professors’ professional and career development.
BAU International University, Batumi is a leading educational institution in direction of medicine not only in Georgia but in the Caucasus region. The university is successfully realizing on one hand educational and on the other hand research activities that are oriented on training professionals who are global citizens, who have a scientific outlook, abilities to solve problems and knowledge of innovative technologies.
Programs taught in:
- English (US)