Master's Degree in Gerontology and Person-Centered Care
VIU - Universidad Internacional de Valencia
Earliest start date
There are Scholarships and Aids options
We are in a society where the average age and life expectancy is increasing. Therefore, it is necessary to consider new challenges in the attention of this majority group of the population.
Definition of the program
The objective of this master's degree is to provide a scientific, updated and professional training that specializes and trains professionals to perform effective interventions in gerontology from the model of Person Centered Care (ACP).
What makes this master unique?
- The only master's degree focused on the model of Person Centered Care (ACP)
- Design, management and intervention in programs based on ACP.
- Methodology of scientific research in the field of study of gerontology.
- Experiences based on scientific evidence.
- Latest trends in gerontology
- Integral attention to the aging process from the ACP Model.
The training of professionals to perform effective interventions in gerontology from the Person Centered Care Model (ACP) allows students to access different work centers related to gerontology and / or geriatrics:
- Day Centers
- Nursing homes
- Caregivers of elderly people
- Social services
- Home care
- Active aging centers
- Associations related to the field of gerontology
The recommended entry profile for access to the master is a university student with the title of:
- Graduates, graduates or graduates in disciplines in the area of Health Sciences.
- Professionals from the areas of Social and Legal Sciences (doing three complementary subjects)
NOTE: In the case of professionals from the Social and Legal Sciences, it is necessary to complete three complementary subjects (12 ECTS).
The subjects that will be offered as training complements are the following:
- "Psychology of development, adulthood and old age"
- "Biological Bases of Behavior"
- "Health Psychology in old age: evaluation and diagnosis"
The requirements of access and admission to the official Master's studies of the International Valencian University are established in accordance with article 16 of Royal Decree 1393/2007, which establishes the organization of official university education.
They will be able to access the official university studies or those belonging to the Master, who meet any of the following requirements:
- In order to access official master's degrees, it will be necessary to hold an official university degree in Spain or another one issued by a higher education institution of the European Higher Education Area, which authorizes the issuer of the degree to access Master's degrees.
- Also, graduates may access according to educational systems outside the European Higher Education Area without the need for homologation of their degrees, after verification by the University that they accredit a level of education equivalent to the corresponding official Spanish university degrees and that empower in the country issuing the diploma for access to postgraduate education. The access by this way will not imply, in any case, the homologation of the previous title that is in possession of the interested party, nor its recognition for other purposes than that of studying the Master's degree.
The title may have additional specific access requirements, which you can consult on the information page of each of them.
Access to VIU Official Master (Spain and EU)