MSc in Infection Prevention and Control
University of the Highlands and Islands
Inverness, United Kingdom
4 - 6 years
GBP 9,720 / per year *
Earliest start date
* Scottish: £5,000 | Rest of UK: £6,480 | International: £9,720
What is special about this course?
Promoting and developing best practice in the field of infection prevention and control is a pressing issue for professionals and the community as a whole. The issues facing hospital and community staff one day may well be the same as those confronting environmental health officers the next.
This innovative postgraduate course in Infection Prevention and Control has been designed to help you deal safely and effectively with infection risks. You will develop your confidence and expertise in the management and implementation of infection control change.
If you have to deal with infection as part of your job, or if you’d like to widen your knowledge and be in a position to apply for more senior posts in infection control, the MSc Infection Prevention and Control can help you achieve these goals.
- The course is delivered online through the university’s virtual learning environment (VLE), enabling you to fit your study around your personal and professional commitments, wherever you are in the world
- You can choose to study individual modules for continuing professional development (CPD) or work towards the PgCert, PgDip, or full masters degree
- Specialist modules at PgDip and MSc level allow you to specialise in areas of particular relevance to your career
- The course content contributes to the development of the core dimensions in the NHS Knowledge and Skills Framework (KSF): communication; personal and people development; health, safety and security; quality; and equality and diversity
- Students can complete the university’s Skills and Employability Award whereby you gain recognition (not academic credit) for a range of activities you take part in addition to your studies to help you stand out from the crowd and demonstrate the skills you have, prepare for a real interview and impress prospective employers
Scholarships and Funding
*Funding support notice*
- Postgraduate Loans (SAAS) (Scottish domiciled and EU students)
- Loans for tuition fees are available from SAAS for eligible Scotland domiciled and EU students, and loans for living costs for eligible Scottish students
What can I do on completion of my course?
- This MSc Infection Prevention and Control opens up opportunities for career advancement through continuing professional development (CPD)
- NHS staff currently on bands 5 and 6 of the NHS Career Framework Ladder can progress to bands 7 and 8
- You will be equipped with the skills and knowledge to apply for senior posts in infection control and other health protection related posts