BSc (Hons) Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy
University of Portsmouth
Southsea, United Kingdom
GBP 9,250 / per year *
Earliest start date
* for UK/Channel Islands and Isle of Man students/EU residents | £25,400/year: international students
Both dental hygienists and dental therapists help people maintain good oral health by providing treatments, carrying out procedures and giving dietary and hygiene advice.
The role of the dental therapist is the same as a dental hygienist, however, they can also carry out some of the restorative work dentists do, such as fillings and extractions.
This dual role BSc (Hons) Dental Hygiene and Dental Therapy course, accredited by the General Dental Council (GDC), gives you the theory and practical skills required to register as both a dental hygienist and dental therapist with the GDC.
- Become eligible to register with the General Dental Council (GDC) when you graduate, which you'll need to work as a dental hygienist and/or therapist in the UK
- Practise your skills in our Dental Academy model clinical practice with dental treatment bays and simulation technology, including our Phantom Head skill lab and radiography equipment
- Work in a dental team alongside practising dentists, dental nurses and other students, giving you a taste of your future work environment
- Have the chance to work with the public through community healthcare projects, providing additional patient-focused work experience
This course is accredited by the General Dental Council (GDC). This allows you to register with the GDC when you complete the course.
The GDC continually assess the course to make sure it meets the standard required for accreditation, so you'll know you're getting the most relevant and up-to-date teaching available.
English Language Requirements
Certify your English proficiency with the Duolingo English Test! The DET is a convenient, fast, and affordable online English test accepted by over 4,000 universities (like this one) around the world.