Master in Applied Social Gerontology
Universidade Católica Portuguesa
EUR 3,630 / per year *
Earliest start date
20 Oct 2023
* plus the cost of registration
The Master's in Applied Social Gerontology is aimed at graduates from Social and Human Sciences and Health areas who are already working or intend to work in the field of gerontology. It is an indispensable training for those who are in the process of or intend to occupy management/coordination positions in services and institutions for the elderly.
Why choose this course?
The increase in life expectancy observed in recent decades in Portugal has brought with it the importance of gerontological intervention for older people and the contexts in which they live, both in the community and in care institutions.
- Understand what gerontology is and what it is used for in the context of the aging process and the provision of care to older people;
- Analyze individual, social and community dimensions of the aging process and its repercussions in gerontological practice;
- Deepen methodologies aimed at promoting the quality of life of the elderly population in the light of the Active Aging paradigm
- Understand planning, management and evaluation models of gerontological programs and services, implemented either in the community or in institutions for the elderly
- Design and carry out autonomously an original dissertation or an intervention project in the field of social gerontology.
- What are the professional outlets?
- Technical functions in the field of gerontology;
- Management/coordination positions in services and institutions for the elderly.