Europubhealth+ European Public Health Master
English, Spanish, French
EUR 11,000 / per year *
27 Mar 2024
Earliest start date
* 11000€ for European students, 16000€ for Non-European students
The Europubhealth+ programme is an Erasmus Mundus Joint Master Degree that has been recognized as a Master of excellence by the European Commission since 2006. Seven renowned European universities are collaborating to deliver the Europubhealth+ Master’s course. The programme now enjoys a vibrant international network of public health professionals and academics, and more than 435 graduates of 86 different nationalities.
Europubhealth+ is aimed at students with a strong interest in applied public health. Their academic background may be inhealth/medical sciences (medicine, nursing, pharmacy, veterinary, biology), social sciences (sociology, economics, psychology, anthropology, geography, political sciences), law, management or engineering.
With the Europubhealth+ programme you are choosing:
- to live abroad: during 2 years, you will live and study in at least 2 European countries and benefit from the support of experienced teams in each Higher Education Institution
- global health and intercultural work through multicultural teamwork, problem-based learning and a mandatory internship or practicum
- a large network in public health composed of academics and professionals with high expertise in the field as well as international students and alumni.
Once you graduate from Europubhealth+, you will be able to:
- analyse and address the determinants of health problems from a population perspective
- propose, plan, implement and evaluate culturally appropriate, evidence-based policies and interventions for the effective improvement of population health in international, national and local contexts.
Combinations of pathways offered within the 2-year course
As a Europubhealth+ student, you choose a pathway in a minimum of two different partner countries of the consortium located in Europe. According to your language skills, you can do your first year in English at the University of Sheffield (UK), at the University College Dublin (Ireland), in Spanish at the University of Granada (Spain) or in French at the University of Liege (Belgium) to acquire core competencies in public health.
Your second year of study has to be done in a different country according to your specialisation choice and language skills, that is to say, either at Maastricht University (The Netherlands) in English, the Jagellonian University (Poland) in English, at the EHESP of Rennes (France) in English or French according to the specialisation chosen or at the University of Granada (Spain) in Spanish.
At the end of each academic year, all Europubhealth+ students participate in a joint Integration Module at EHESP in Rennes France (in English) for three weeks.
Graduates from Europubhealth+ receive a double (two) master's degree composed of:
A master's degree from their Year 1 institution:
- University of Granada "Master Europeo en Salud Publica" or
- University of Sheffield "Master of Public Health" or
- University College Dublin - National University of Ireland "Master of Public Health" or
- University of Liege "Master en Sciences de la Santé Publique"
A master's degree from their Year 2 institution:
- JU Krakow "Magister in the field of Public Health" or
- EHESP "Master International de Santé Publique" or "Master mention Santé Publique - spécialité Promotion de la Santé et Prévention" or
- EASP - University of Granada "Master Europeo en Salud Publica" or
- Maastricht University "Master of Science Leadership in European Public Health".
Both official national degrees are completed by a Europubhealth+ certificate of achievement and a joint diploma supplement, detailing the chosen pathway, marks and grading scales.
Participation costs for the EUROPUBHEALTH+ programme for 2024 intake are as follow:
- 16.000 € for the two years of study for Non-European students
- 11.000 € for the two years of study for European students*.
* European Students are citizens of the 28 member states of the European Union and Macedonia, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Turkey and Serbia.
The participation fee includes:
- Enrolment in all the teaching units and modules and access to related educational resources
- Access to library, document centers and related services
- Examination, diploma and certificate
- Social events during integration modules in Rennes
The participation fee does not include accommodation, food, international travel, travel on-site or visa costs.
There are 1 to 3 teaching languages depending on the pathways. You only have to be proficient in the languages suitable for the chosen mobility combination, either:
- Or English + French
- Or English + Spanish
- Or English + Spanish + French
Mandatory copies of language proficiency tests meeting the minimum admission requirements must be provided when applying (more information here). We recommend candidates to plan language tests as soon as possible.
There will be three rounds of applications for the 2024 intake:
24th January 2024 (23:00 pm CET): results released mid-March
27th March 2024 (23:00 pm CET): results released mid-May
7th May 2024 (23:00 pm CET): results released mid-June; recommended for European students only or students who do not need a visa.
For visa reasons, we strongly recommend applicants who will need a visa to study in their first-year country to
apply before the 27th of March 2024.
We highly advise applicants seeking financial support (grants, loans) to submit their applications as early as
possible, taking into account the requirements of the funding institutions.
NB: European applicants going to the University of Sheffield will need a visa.
Funding your Studies
Since Erasmus Mundus scholarships will not be available for the 2024-2026 cohort, we highly encourage applicants to explore national and local funding opportunities.
Europubhealth Students and Alumni Association (EPHSA) provide tips and testimonies to future candidates.
You can find more information on the following page: Funding Opportunities.
The programme enjoys a vibrant international network of public health professionals and academics, and more than 435 graduates of 86 different nationalities. Professional opportunities vary according to the specialization undertaken and cover management of social and healthcare institutions, implementation and assessment of public health policies, management of health programmes, risk management and assessment, inspection and evaluation, audit and consulting, education and research. Europubhealth+ graduates are capable of working towards managing sustainable and equitable health systems.