Master of Science in Health Services Administration
California State University San Bernardino
San Bernardino, USA
USD 3,588 *
Earliest start date
* 6.1 or more units
The Master of Science in Health Services Administration is appropriate for students preparing to become health service administrators or managers in hospitals, health maintenance organizations, medical group clinics, nursing homes, public health departments, state and federal health agencies, military health services, or other health service organizations.
Specific entrance requirements have been established by the University and the Department of Health Science and Human Ecology. Information about entrance requirements is available on the department website.
Students who wish to design a specific, individualized master's degree related to health science should also consider the M.A. in Interdisciplinary Studies. Students can successfully combine courses from several relevant fields to build interdisciplinary programs serving their career goals in such areas as Community Health Education, Health Promotion, Environmental Health, Occupational Health/ Industrial Hygiene, Public Health, and Gerontology.
Students may also earn a certificate in Finance, Accounting, and Information Systems along with the Master of Science in Health Services Administration.
- HSCI 6170 Health Services Administration Leadership, Team, and Quality Development
- HSCI 6010 Administration of Health Care Programs
- HSCI 6020 Management, Organization, and Planning
- HSCI 6030 Health Economics and Financial Systems
- HSCI 6140 Information and Technology Systems Management in Health Services
- HSCI 6150 Health Law and Medical Ethics
- HSCI 6160 Strategic Planning and Evaluation
- HSCI 6100 Communication and Human Relations in Health Services
- HSCI 6180 Health Services Administration Capstone Seminar
- HSCI 6190 Graduate Research Methodology in Health Science
Culminating Experience (3-4 units)
- HSCI 6754 Administrative Residency
- or HSCI 6960 Project