Master of Public Health
California Pacific University
San Diego, USA
Earliest start date
The purpose of the Master of Public Health degree (with concentration in epidemiology, international public health, environmental health, or public health systems) is to provide a learning experience that global students can readily transfer to everyday practice of public health in their home countries. Learning activities combine academic, professional education, and real-world applications that challenge the adult learner to develop a professional vocabulary and competencies in each graduate-level course.
In addition, performance competency (skill-developing and knowledge-developing projects) and affective development (value-challenging experiences) are emphasized rather than only knowledge-based competency. Projects focus on enhancing the following skills: Internet, primary, and secondary research; software (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint; SPSS; etc.); creative; decision making; people management; analytical; synthesis; integrative; conceptual; and communication.
Master Level Studies:
- Education is available only for members of the Association American Financials Alliance.
- Completing of Bachelor Level from a recognized university with minimum GPA of 2.0
- English profession language.
- MPH 501 Principles of Public Health (4 credit hours)
- MPH 502 Principles of Biostatistics for Public Health (4 credit hours)
- MPH 503 Principles of Epidemiology for Public Health (4 credit hours)
- MPH 504 Environmental Health Issues in Public Health Practice (4 credit hours)
- MPH 505 Behavioral Health Issues in Public Health Practice (4 credit hours)
- MPH 506 Health Services Administration (4 credit hours)
- MPH 507 Public Health Program Planning and Evaluation (4 credit hours)
- HCA 526 Health Economics (4 credit hours)
- HCA 673 Cultural Diversity Management in Health Care (4 credit hours)
- MPH 508 Public Health Internship (4 credit hours)
- MPH 509 MPH Capstone Individual Project (8 credit hours)