Professional Nurse Diploma
One of the most compassionate and caring choices for a career. You will be a vital part of the health care system, using critical thinking to interpret assessments, implement a variety of treatments, and provide professional, comprehensive care. Patients and doctors alike rely on you to be the foundation of keeping people healthy and improving quality of life. Our 16 month (4 semesters) Practical Nurse Diploma program emphasizes hands-on learning and prepares you to provide high-quality nursing care in the areas of medical, surgical, pediatric, maternity, mental health, and geriatric care. After graduation, specialization options include Orthopedic Technician, Operating Room Technician, Wound Care Nurse, Community Immunization Nurse, Foot Care Specialist, Leadership, and LPN Nurse Educator. Candidates are eligible for licensure upon successful completion of this program and a national exam.
Nurses are always in high demand and as health care needs for the aging population increases, we believe demand will increase.
16-months (4 semesters).
- Minimum final mark of 60% in English 30-1 or 70% in English 30-2 or equivalent.
- Credit in Math 20-1 or a minimum final mark of 60% in Math 20-2 or equivalent.
- Minimum final mark of 60% in Biology 30 or 60% in Anatomy and Physiology (ANPH150) at Bow Valley College or equivalent.
- CPR Healthcare Provider Level Certificate.
- A current Police Information Check (PIC) with Vulnerable Sector Search (VSS) must be submitted prior to practicum placements.
- Immunization requirement.
English Language Proficiency Requirement
- See English Language Proficiency Requirements for details.
Students will be required to travel to various locations in order to complete their clinical and practicum placements. Every effort is made to accommodate students in clinical placements within the time frame of the program, however, in rare instances, there may be a delay in program completion until a clinical placement can be arranged.
Bow Valley College has a number of transfer agreements in place with other leading Canadian colleges and universities.
Program taught in: