The online Master of Health Administration (MHA) will prepare graduates for leadership roles in dynamic and rapidly changing U.S. healthcare systems. Students will acquire communication, quantitative analysis, critical thinking, and management skills as well as an in-depth understanding of essential topics such as health law, financial management, research, and operations within an array of health delivery settings.
Taught by accomplished and experienced faculty, this graduate program is offered online to accommodate the diverse needs of our student body. Utilizing didactic instruction, case studies, experiential learning, skills training, and other methodology, the curriculum will engage students to generate solutions to real-world problems in the healthcare industry.
Why Choose USciences Online?
For nearly 200 years, USciences has prepared leaders and innovators in pharmacy, science, healthcare, and related disciplines. Our career-focused online programs and certificates continue this tradition—empowering you to expand your knowledge and your opportunities, all on your schedule.
Offered in partnership within Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine, the USciences Online Health Administration Master’s program offers:
- A 100% online, flexible, career-focused curriculum
- 12 courses, 36 credits – complete the program in as little as 2 years
- Practical coursework addressing real-world challenges, cutting-edge technologies, and the vast opportunities in the field
- 6 program start dates per year
The Bureau of Labor Statistics projects 18% growth in the health administration industry from 2018 to 2028 — much faster than the average for all occupations. The MS degree from USciences Online prepares you to become a leader capable of making impactful quality improvements while managing healthcare operations, improving organizational structures, and influencing policy.
Our 100% online, the career-focused curriculum includes practical coursework based on American College of Healthcare Executives competencies.
- Introduction to Health Delivery and Administration
- Understanding Health Information Systems
- Healthcare Law, Regulation & Ethics
- Healthcare Quality Improvement
- Advanced Financial Management in Healthcare
- Healthcare Marketing and Strategic Planning
- Managerial Epidemiology and Population Health for Healthcare Organizations
- Operations Management in Healthcare
- Organizational Behavior, Leadership & Human Resource Management
- Health Administration Master's Capstone
Electives (choose two):
- Business Communication for Healthcare Administrators
- Introduction to Health Informatics
- Emergency Management in Healthcare
- Introduction to Data Science
- Intro to Genomics
Visit the website for specific information on courses.
- Will possess an undergraduate degree from an accredited institution;
- Will have earned an undergraduate cumulative GPA of 2.3;
- May transfer up to 12 credits of coursework with a 2.3 GPA or better;
Applicants should submit official college transcripts for undergraduate degrees. Transcripts from non-US institutions must be course-by-course evaluated by World Education Services (WES).
A GRE/GMAT score is not required. A TOEFL/IELTS score is required unless an applicant’s native language is English or they have completed a previous degree at an institution where English was the language of instruction:
- TOEFL: 90
- IELTS: 6.5
About University of the Sciences
- Top 10 in the United States for salary after graduation (among colleges and universities with more than 500+ undergraduates enrolled [Dept. Of Education College Scorecard, Oct 2019])
- #1 in the United States for ROI 40 years after enrollment (among private colleges and universities across the country [A First Try at ROI: Ranking 4,500 Colleges, Georgetown University, 2019])
- Lower, fixed tuition–know the full cost from day one until graduation
- Hands-on undergraduate research and experiential learning as early as freshman year
- 7:1 student-to-faculty ratio, personalized attention from expert faculty
- Over 30 academic programs with 60+ student organizations in an urban campus
- Alumni include founders of six of the world’s leading pharmaceutical companies
- Founded as Philadelphia College of Pharmacy, the first college of pharmacy in North America
- Located in Philadelphia, a major pharmaceutical, medical, technological and business hub
About the School
University of the Sciences has prepared students to be leaders and practitioners in the healthcare and science fields for nearly 200 years. Key to its distinctive education is a tradition of hands-on ... Read More