The master's degree offers both professional specialization and initiation into research. Therefore, the main goals are:
- To train professionals working in fields related to aging, so that they are able to face the problems with a holistic and comprehensive vision.
- Acquire and develop skills for the transfer of new academic knowledge in the areas of health care and public health in aging.
- Acquire and develop skills to incorporate basic knowledge of aging.
- Develop skills for the care work and/or research multidisciplinary character in aging.
This master program is taught in Catalan and Spanish so you must have a good knowledge of Spanish language to be admitted to the master.
The national quality agency has accredited this program:
- Hospital Universitari Sant Joan de Reus
- Hospital Universitari Joan XXIII de Tarragona
- Hospital de la Santa Creu de Jesús
- Hospital Sociosanitari Francolí
- PADES Reus
- Hospital Comarcal d'Amposta
- Residència Gent Gran d'Amposta
- Residència Gent Gran de Sant Carles
- Campus Terres de l'Ebre
- Fundació Alícia
Graduates in a University master's degree in Ageing and Health are capable of working in health services in primary care, hospital care and social care (inpatient care units for convalescence, palliative care, and psychogeriatrics; or outpatient day hospital rehabilitation and neurodegenerative disease units).
Residential centers, public bodies, social service businesses, adult and elderly education, telecare services, entertainment and leisure companies, and rehabilitation centers through the practice of regulated professions.
The Master's Degree is especially aimed at students in possession of a bachelor's degree in Health or a bachelor's Degree/Diploma in Medicine, Biology, Physiotherapy, Nursing, Human Nutrition and Dietetics, Occupational Therapy, Speech-Language Pathology and fields relating to the Health Sciences and who are particularly interested in the different disciplines and fields relating to the study of aging and the care of elderly.
About the School
We are a young and dynamic university serving the needs of society, with an international outlook and a close relationship with our immediate socioeconomic environment.