Why Study Dentistry at Vilnius University?
- To ensure the quality of studies students primarily are taught in small groups (8-10 students per group).
- Updated study program with increased time for clinical skills training
- Individual workplaces with modern dental equipment
- Integrated internship
Admission Requirements and Selection Criteria
Applicants are required to take one of the following tests:
- SAT Subject Test in Biology E/M MIN score: 500. SAT exam is taken in the home country or any other country where the test is offered.
- MCAT Test MIN score: 490. The MCAT exam is taken in the home country or any other country where the test is offered.
Applicants who have a degree in Biomedical Sciences can apply without taking the SAT Subject Test in Biology or MCAT Test. In such a case please submit the diploma and the transcripts when applying.
SAT Subject Test in Biology or MCAT Test is required even for those applicants whose countries of residency do not offer the tests.
SAT Subject Test in Biology and MCAT scores are valid for two years.
Applicants applying through the agencies that VU are in cooperation with, includingMediStart, StudiMed, MD InternationalandISRAMED4U, are not obliged to take the SAT Subject Test in Biology or MCAT Test.
- Completion of Biology course at the secondary education level is compulsory;
- Completion of either physics, mathematics or chemistry course at the secondary education level is an advantage;
- Applicants who have completed Premed study programme at a university can apply with completion of either Biology or Chemistry at the secondary education level. Please submit your Premed Diploma when applying. Please note that not all Premed courses will be accepted. This will be evaluated by the Admission Office and the Faculty. It will also be individually decided if additional SAT/MCAT test is required.
- English language proficiency. TOEFL score: 65+ (internet-based) or IELTS score: 5.5+.
- Students whose first language is English and/or who has a university degree in English, and/or who are taking SAT Subject Test in Biology or MCAT Test are not required to submit any additional proof of proficiency in English.
Only the selected candidates will be invited for the interview.
Important information regarding the Lithuanian Language course during the studies
- VU Faculty of Medicine offers students a free of charge Lithuanian Language course;
- B1 level of Lithuanian language is achieved after four semesters of attendance;
- One semester course is 2,5 ECTS credits;
- The student shall attend classes two times per week.
Why taking the Lithuanian Langue course is important:
- During the clinical courses to communicate with patients. Knowing the language eases communication and considerably helps the learning process.
- Easier to obtain licensing in the country of choice. After graduation of integrated Medicine studies, having B1 level of Lithuanian, graduates may apply for a license for doctor’s medical practice according to The Law on Medical Practice of the Republic of Lithuania. That means graduates could get licenses issued in Lithuania and later on they could start the practice in Lithuania or in another country where LT license is valid or might help to get a license in that country in a faster and easier way. Applying for licenses in Lithuania is not mandatory but might shorten the procedures and time required to obtain a license in another country.
About the School
Welcome to Vilnius University – the oldest and largest Lithuanian higher education institution. Since its establishment in the 16th century, Vilnius University, as an integral part of European science ... Read More