Over the course
The course Undergraduate Nursing, Faculty of Medical Sciences of Santa Casa de São Paulo started its didactic and pedagogical activities on March 26, 2001. The nursing course foundations are grounded in human beings, focusing on the care, wellness, prevention and health promotion in different areas.
The course has a pedagogical structure in line with current scientific and social transformations, for the training of competent professionals to work in the current job market and face the challenges related to public health. From the beginning, the student goes through an intense practical experience in the hospital complex of the Brotherhood of Santa Casa de Misericordia de Sao Paulo, which provides fully capable of acting and developing the necessary skills to exercise the profession ethical and humane manner.
Rated the Note by the National Board of Education and authorized by Ordinance no. 2146/2000 of 22 December 2000, the Ministry of Education, the course presents his political-pedagogical project within the principles governing the Laws of Education, as set out in the Constitutional text - the Law of Guidelines and Bases of National Education On . 9394/96.
The course, held by the Foundation Arnaldo Vieira de Carvalho, has its bases settled in their conception of man, Context, Nursing, Health-Disease process and resume, summarized as follows:
- Man: being with ability to think, feel, act; subject of educational and critical practice, participant of the political / ideological experience; educational / aesthetics and ethics in the teaching-learning process.
- Context: locus of realization of the teaching-learning process, early integration of students with the opportunity of interacting with and for the community, by creating a link to legitimizes their actions.
- Nursing: social practice, part of the health work process, seen as suitable activity to an end and that involves object, agent and means / instruments. Its specificity comes from your media / working tools, that is, the way it intervenes in reality, focused on the transformation of clinical and epidemiological profiles.
- Health-disease process: professional performance space nurse, determined by the work and lifestyles, demonstrated in clinical and epidemiological profiles.
- Curriculum: all the teaching-learning situations, planned and organized, which provide targeted experiences to achieve the proposed educational goals.
The course sets as its goals
- Develop a course aimed at training professionals with technical-scientific and ethical-political-social-educational competence, ownership and creation of knowledge;
- Institute a curriculum, as a basic instrument of organization that incorporates the values and principles that guide the institutional concept of education;
- Enable the student to develop their capacity for critical / reflexively understand the wide range of social, political, economic and scientific, involving the performance of nursing professionals;
- Provide a sound technical and scientific basis involving the direct contact with the processes involved in scientific production;
- Ensure a scientific background that permeates the entire curriculum, providing the basic scientific research that research focused on the development and consolidation of nursing knowledge;
- Foster technical and scientific discussion and ethics who reports to the formation of postures and attitudes and that will be present throughout the development of the course;
- Consider the transformations that the practice of Nursing spent in the country, and rethink its social function, reconfiguring forward to the new demands of health.
Areas of expertise
The graduate professional nursing can act in several areas of health:
- Healthcare: hospitals and rescue emergencies, Basic Health Units (BHU), kindergartens and schools, offices, businesses, and home care;
- Management: consulting, advisory, auditing and nursing teams;
- Education: mid-level, undergraduate and graduate (specialization, master and doctorate); and
- Research: experimental, clinical, theoretical, epidemiological.
Duration of the course: 4 years
Jobs: 47 vacancies
Monthly payment: R $ 1,540.00 - Reference year: 2016
Program taught in: