APLUS Institute is one of the leading private dental hygiene colleges in Toronto (Canada) established in 1996, registered with the Ministry of Training, Colleges, and Universities under the Private Career Colleges Act, 2005. APLUS Institute Dental Hygiene Program is fully accredited by the Commission on Dental Accreditation of Canada (CDAC) and is a highly competitive and intensive 18-months diploma program that prepares students to work as dental hygienists in a variety of employment settings.
The enriched and comprehensive curriculum focuses on developing the extensive fundamental knowledge required for contemporary dental hygiene practice and covers courses in biomedical sciences, oral health sciences, behavioral sciences, dental hygiene theory and practice as well as clinical experience. Students are prepared to function effectively within a collaborative dental team focusing on client-centered dental hygiene process of care while developing an interprofessional relationship.
Dental hygienists are members of a self-regulated health profession concerned primarily with the prevention of oral disease and the promotion of optimum oral health. A dental hygiene career offers flexible hours, high salary, excellent job security and employment opportunities for working in private dental offices, community/health centers, hospitals, teaching institutions, oral health research and other fields related to the dental industry.
Minimum Academic Requirements:
- Secondary School Diploma or equivalent;
- Grade 12 English; Grade 11 or 12 Biology; and Grade 11 or 12 Chemistry and /or Physics
Additional Requirements for Admission:
- Personal Interview in person or via SKYPE with Director of Admissions;
- Pre-Admission Aptitude Testing (if applicable);
- Hepatitis B immunization;
- A two-step TB test;
- Completed Health History form including immunization record;
- Completed Police Record Check.
Documents required for application:
- Application for Admission Form.
- Legal Proof of Age (passport, birth certificate, or driver’s license),
- High School Transcript (Official or Notarized copy of OSSD or equivalent).
- All post-secondary degrees or diplomas of internationally trained applicants have to be evaluated by WES, ICAS, or CES. Documents that are not in English must be accompanied by a notarized English translation.