If you want to work in a professional healthcare environment and would like to help patients receive quality dental care, Provo College’s Dental Assisting Program may be perfect for you. Provo College will give you the Dental Assisting courses that will help you embark on your career with confidence. You’ll get the training you need to enter the field of Dental Assisting in as little as ten months.
Just how in-demand are people with Dental Assisting Degrees? The Utah Occupational Long-Term Projections forecast that dental assistants will be among the fastest growing careers through 2020, with a projected total job growth of 43% or 5,850 jobs (Utah Department of Workforce Services Occupational Projections, 2012). You can take our fast-paced Dental Assisting courses at our school in Layton, Utah and in Murray, Utah, just minutes away from Salt Lake City. To learn more about how to get a Dental Assisting Degree, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Dental Assisting graduates are trained in:
- Clinical skills including operatory preparations, radiography certification, charting, and procedural setups
- Laboratory preparation of diagnostic casts, acrylic crowns and bridges, bleaching trays, and bite registrations
- Expanded functions such as polishing, sterilization, fluoride applications, and patient care
- Dental office management
Job Titles for Dental Assisting Graduates:
- Chairside Dental Assistant
- Patient Coordinator
Average program length:
- Diploma in Dental Assisting – 10 months
Program taught in: