The Diploma in Biomedical Sciences programme is designed to foster opportunities for entry into the life science industry. and as an avenue for students to embark on further professional development and is particularly suited for:
- Students who wish to pursue higher education in Biomedical Sciences or Biotechnology, as well as a host of other disciplines.
- Professionals who lack previous exposure to the sciences but are involved in the life sciences industry or are preparing for entry into that industry.
- Individuals who wish to pursue an alternative career path and those who have a keen interest in the discipline will also find the programme a rewarding first step into the diverse field of biological sciences. Members of the cosmetics, food, legal, teaching, banking and environmental professions who would also find the programme of individual benefit to their knowledge base.
Methods of Assessment
Progress is measured through coursework (such as practical assignments, quizzes or tests) and examinations.
Students who successfully complete the programme will be awarded the Diploma in Biomedical Sciences, awarded by MDIS.
- Chemistry I
- Mathematics I
- Physics I
- Chemistry II
- Mathematics II
- Physics II
- Molecular Cell Biology
Applicants must be of age 17 and above, and meet at least one of the following requirements:
- Obtained at least a Grade E in any 2 GCE "A" level subjects.
- Obtained at least a Grade C6 in 2 GCE "O" Level for both Science (with a Chemistry component) and Elementary Mathematics.
- Certificates awarded by ITE
See 2 more programs offered by Management Development Institute of Singapore (MDIS) »
This course is
6 - 12