The Degree in Physiotherapy Is a title of the Faculty of Physiotherapy. It belongs to the branch of knowledge of the Health Sciences, with a duration of four years and 240 ECTS credits in its totality.
Throughout history Physiotherapy has been configured a therapeutic discipline that aims at natural healing, which corresponds to the etymology of the term (physis = nature, and therapia = cure, care).
According to the World Confederation for Physiotherapy, Physical Therapy is one of the basic pillars of therapeutics, which medicine has to cure, prevent and readapt patients. Physiotherapy is a health discipline oriented to the promotion of health, prevention, treatment and physical rehabilitation of functional alterations.
Why study the degree
The Degree in Physiotherapy of the University of the Faculty of A Coruña is well-known throughout the country and enjoys a high participation and representation at an international level. Physiotherapists, in addition to welfare functions (in the public health system, in the free exercise and in social, sports and community entities or actions), perform teaching, research and management functions.
What is learned
In order to achieve the competences that guarantee the capacity to act in these fields, fundamental subjects of the field of physics, biology, medicine and surgery, psychology and physiotherapy are approached from a theoretical, practical and clinical perspective. Therefore, it requires the ability to integrate theoretical and practical knowledge in a reasoned and adapted way to the clinical situation of the person and its context.
Structure of the Study
- Anatomy I
- Anatomy II
- Biophysics and Biochemistry
- General Kinesitherapy
- Theoretical Framework of Physiotherapy and Physical Rehabilitation
- Functional and Psychosocial Assessment
- General Physiotherapy
- Clinical Semiology
- Medical-Surgical Pathology I
- Kinesitherapy: Bases of Therapeutic Exercise
- Manual and Osteopathic Physiotherapy I
- Physiotherapy in the Static Alterations and Dynamics of the Raquis
- Neurological Physiotherapy and Psychomotor
- Respiratory physiotherapy
- Medical-Surgical Pathology II
- Manual and Osteopathic Physiotherapy II
- Cardio-respiratory and vascular rehabilitation
- Physiotherapy in Neurological and Aging Disabilities
- Physiotherapy Abdomino-Pelvi-Perineal
- Oncology Physiotherapy and Biochemical and Integumentary Dysfunctions
- Physiotherapy in Dysfunctions of the Locomotor Apparatus
- Clinical stays I
- Documentation and Health StatisticsLegislation and Health Administration
- Community Physiotherapy and Public Health
- Clinical stays II
- End of Grade Work
Professional and academic outputs
The basic profiles are the clinical-assistance, research, teaching and management.
Professional environment in which it is located
The professional environments in which the physiotherapist can develop his / her clinical and management action are public health centers (hospitals, outpatient clinics, health centers ...) and private (offices, hospitals, etc.).
In addition it can develop its action in non-sanitary environments, of social character and linked to the community health like social centers, city councils, schools and educational centers and of special education, sick associations, gymnasiums, recreational centers, companies and work centers, etc. .
On the other hand, in the performance of education and research functions, the physiotherapist can work in both public and private institutions.
Professional and academic outputs
Health institutions, educational and special education centers, social services, sports institutions, clinics, rehabilitation centers, gyms, spas, geriatrics, research centers, companies.
The student who aspires to access the degree studies in Physiotherapy must possess characteristics common to the qualifications of health sciences with clinical profile. And specifically the following:
- Interest in working in the area of health needs of the community.
- Capacity for teamwork.
- Communication skills and empathy.
- Sense of equity.
- Open and receptive attitude to different sociocultural realities.
- Emotional balance.
- Observational and reflective ability.
- Autonomous learning ability.
- Ability to develop integrated theoretical-practical learning.
- Psychomotor skills.
On the other hand, as an additional aspect, it is considered that a grade higher than 60% of the maximum score is important to be able to face the studies of Degree in Physiotherapy.
Common access requirements
In order to request a place, one of the following access requirements established in art. 2 of RD 1892/2008:
- To be in possession of the title of Bachillerato, or equivalent, and to pass the Test of Access to the University (PAU)
- Comply with the requirements for access to the university in the educational systems of member states of the European Union or other states with which Spain has signed international agreements in this area.
- Have passed the University Access Test for over 25 years, or have it passed, in the University System of Galicia, according to previous regulations.
- Have passed the university entrance test for those over 45 years.
- Possess a title of superior technician of professional formation, teachings of plastic arts and design or superior technical technician, or equivalent titles.
- Possess an official university degree, a degree from correspondents to the previous order of university education (graduate, graduate, engineer, etc.) or equivalent degrees.
- To be able to access the university according to educational orders prior to that established by Royal Decree 1892/2008, of November 14, not contemplated in the previous sections.
About the School
The University of A Coruña is a public institution whose primary objective is the generation, management and dissemination of culture and scientific, technological and professional knowledge through t ... Read More