The purpose of the postgraduate program is to offer specialized knowledge and to cultivate skills and attitudes in a range of scientific issues of Health Policy, through the analysis of the complexity of health systems from different perspectives. The program is designed for people with an interest in Health Policy, Strategic Planning and Leadership in Health Services.
The Program is addressed to:
- Graduates - Graduates of Schools / Departments (ASE / ATEI), related to the content of the program, (graduates of Health Sciences, Psychology, Social and Political Sciences, Administration, Economics and Informatics).
- (Ministries, Insurance Organizations, Insurance Funds, Insurance Companies, Local Government Organizations, Pharmaceutical Companies, Medical Equipment Companies) in Cyprus, and Greece in the first place.
- Public and Private Sector Health Units (hospitals, health centers, polyclinics, polyclinics, diagnostic centers) in Cyprus, and Greece primarily.
- Executives of non-governmental organizations and non-profit organizations in the wider area of health and social protection.
- Other graduates who are either more interested in individual aspects of health policy, or are interested in research into health services.
Structure of the Program
The program is postgraduate (Master 120 ECTS). It is offered in six-month Thematic Modules of 15 ECTS And full-time studies can be completed in two academic years. The student may choose up to four thematic units per academic year (two per semester). The selection and monitoring of four thematic units per academic year is equivalent to Full attendance. The program starts around mid-September and ends at the end of May. Final written examinations take place at the end of each semester, ie January and May, according to the Academic Calendar of the University.
In order to complete the Program and to obtain the Master's degree, a Master's degree is required in the 4 compulsory and 2 of the 5 Thematic Modules and the successful completion of the Master's Thesis (30 ECTS).
The offered Topics per semester are as follows:
Thematic Semesters of the 1st Semester (Winter)
- PYS 611 - Health Policy & Policy (required)
- PYS 613 - Strategic Planning & Assessment in Health Services (Mandatory)
Thematic Modules of the 2nd Semester (Spring)
- PYS 610 - E-Health: Information Systems and Health Systems (required)
- PYS 614 - Funding & Provision of Health Services (mandatory)
3rd Semester (Winter) (Option 1 of the 3 offered)
- PYS 621 - E- Health & Health Policy
- PYS 623 - Legal and Ethical Issues in Health
- PYS 625 - Introduction to Epidemiology & Research Methodology
& Extras (Registration and Start of Master's Thesis)
- PYS 701A - Master's Thesis I
Thematic Modules of the 4th Semester (Spring) (option 1 of the 2 offers)
- PYS 612 - Human Resource Management & Leadership
- PYS 622 - Pharmaceutical Policy & Health Technology Assessment
& More (Continuing and Completing the Master's Thesis)
- PYS 701B - Master's Thesis II
- The prerequisite for admission to the postgraduate program is the possession of a first degree by a recognized higher education institution of the home or abroad.
- Very good knowledge of the English language, to study international bibliography. The student must take into account that good knowledge of English is necessary in order to be able to meet his / her obligations.
- Computer use skills (office programs and the use of Internet services for search and communication).
New application period for the academic year 2017-2018 Starts at July 6 and ends on 5 September 2017 at 11:00 am . Applications can only be submitted electronically, via the APIKY website, to the following link: Https://applications.ouc.ac.cy/admissions?sap-language=EL