The focus of this degree is to broadly prepare graduates in basic Public Health content and processes that can be applied within multiple health-related disciplines and in graduate study. This degree plan focuses on community health promotion within the broad umbrella of public health. This academic plan is offered at NAU-Flagstaff and via the Internet. Acceptance into the Internet program requires a separate initial admission process; see the Distance Learning in Health Sciences website for further information.
What Can I Do with a Bachelor of Science in Health Sciences - Public Health?
Are you looking for a flexible and broad degree in the health professions? Are you interested in understanding the impact of social and behavioral determinants of health, environmental health, human disease, and physical activity? If so, our program might be perfect for you. You will be prepared in basic public health concepts and processes that can be applied within multiple health-related disciplines and in graduate study. Our program can provide a convenient, flexible way for students and working professionals to complete their bachelor degree, giving you an avenue to success. We will prepare you for employment in hospitals, schools, government health agencies, private industry, and nongovernmental organizations. Career opportunities that might be pursued:
- Community colleges
- County health departments
- Indian Health Service
With further education, one of these paths is possible:
- Community health educator
- Community college instructor
To receive a bachelor's degree at Northern Arizona University, you must complete at least 120 units of credit that minimally includes a major, the liberal studies requirements, and university requirements as listed below.
- All of Northern Arizona University's liberal studies, diversity, junior-level writing, and capstone requirements.
- All requirements for your specific academic plan(s).
- At least 30 units of upper-division courses, which may include transfer work.
- At least 30 units of coursework taken through Northern Arizona University, of which at least 18 must be upper-division courses (300-level or above). This requirement is not met by credit-by-exam, retro-credits, transfer coursework, etc.
- A cumulative grade point average of at least 2.0 on all work attempted at Northern Arizona University.
About the School
Northern Arizona University is a public university offering undergraduate, graduate, and professional degrees of high quality and societal value. As a student, you are at the center of the NAU experi ... Read More